raidutil: Engine connect failed: Open

Guido Kollerie gkoller at inter.nl.net
Sun Jun 13 09:32:49 GMT 2004

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 08:51:33AM +0200, Guido Kollerie wrote:

Simon,

> > Check if you are running out of SysV shared memory... I have to stop
> > PostgreSQL to run raidutil, since I haven't gotten around to bumping
> > SysV memory in my kernel.
>
> That did the trick. I happened to have installed PostgreSQL
> recently but never made the link with raidutil failing. Stopping
> PostgreSQL allows raidutil to run without any problems! Thank
> you very much!

And indeed, while upgrading to FreeBSD 4.10, I configured
SysV shared memory according to:

    http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/kernel-resources.html

which boils down to adding the following options or modify them
in the kernel config to:

    options         SYSVSHM
    options         SHMMAXPGS=4096
    options         SHMSEG=256

    options         SYSVSEM
    options         SEMMNI=256
    options         SEMMNS=512
    options         SEMMNU=256
    options         SEMMAP=256

Now I can run PostgreSQL and raidutil simultaneously.

--
Guido