how to limit SCSI TCQ depth in FreeBSD?

Chris Dillon cdillon at wolves.k12.mo.us
Fri Jun 11 15:55:00 GMT 2004

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Herve Boulouis wrote:

> Le 11/06/2004 à 11:47, Frantisek Rysanek a écrit:
>> Dear SCSI experts and FreeBSD veterans,
>>
>> I'm looking for advice with an apparently simple SCSI issue: how do
>> I set a maximum TCQ depth in FreeBSD?
>
> I'm no kernel guru but maybe adding an entry to the xpt_quirk_table
> in sys/cam/cam_xpt.c for your disk would solve the problem ?

The first thing you should do is upgrade the firmware on the drive and
see if that solves the problem.  If not, add an entry to the quirk
table.  You can also use camcontrol to limit the maximum number of
transactions sent to the drive concurrently.  To set the maximum queue
depth on da0 to 32:

camcontrol tags da0 -N 32

--
  Chris Dillon - cdillon(at)wolves.k12.mo.us
  FreeBSD: The fastest, most open, and most stable OS on the planet

A: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?