aaccli core dumps ... looking for solution...

Scott Long scott_long at btc.adaptec.com
Wed May 7 11:55:21 PDT 2003

If the aaccli died while it had the controller open, then the refcount
in the driver will remain non-zero and you won't be able to open it
again until you reboot (it's a long-standing bug that I'll hopefully
fix someday).  However, rebuild, scrub, clear, and verify tasks are
designed to survive reboots.  The adapter will merely pick up where it
left off a few seconds after the reboot.  This will not affect your
data integrity any more than it is now.
The pause/resume functions are rather dangerous in general and I
would not recommend using them without good reason.  aaccli is very
much a 'no seatbelts' application.

Scott