two questions - one scsi, one 3ware RAID

Josh Brooks user at mail.econolodgetulsa.com
Tue Jun 10 11:32:46 PDT 2003

Hello,

First, I have a system running a mylex SCSI raid controller:

mlx0: <Mylex version 4 RAID interface> mem 0xf6afe000-0xf6afffff irq 11 at
device 8.1 on pci1
mlx0: DAC960PRL, 1 channel, firmware 4.08-0-33, 4MB RAM
mlxd0: <Mylex System Drive> on mlx0
mlxd0: 8748MB (17915904 sectors) RAID 1 (online)
mlxd1: <Mylex System Drive> on mlx0
mlxd1: 17501MB (35842048 sectors) RAID 1 (online)

My question is, is there a command line utility/diagnostic for this card
similar to the `aaccli` that I can use for the aacX cards ?

---

Second, I am thinking of buying a 3ware 7500-8 card and using it with
FreeBSD 5.x and using the 3dmd command line utility to manage it.  My plan
is to run the system and hot swap disks (either to solve drive failures or
to just add more drives to the system, since I won't fill it up at first)
- all of this without ever powering down the system, or entering the 3ware
BIOS - I want to hot swap and configure with the 3dmd CLI.

Is this a reasonable expectation ?

Thanks