Is 53C875A supported by sym(4) ?

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Sun Aug 24 13:40:08 PDT 2003

Hello

I'm trying to find out whether the sym(4) driver supports 53C875A, so
the hardware notes/sym(4) manual page can be updated.  The hardware
notes were updated two years ago to say that the 53C875A is supported
[1], but when I look at the driver source code it doesn't look like
53C875A is supported.

In sys/dev/sym/sym_defs.h there isn't a PCI ID for 53C875A (which should
be 0x13 from what I can gather from [2] and [3]), but I found a newer
version of the sym driver [2] which as far as I can see does support the
53C875A.

So, does the sym(4) driver in -CURRENT support the 53C875A, or was it
just planned support that was never integrated into -CURRENT ?

[1] http://cvsweb.freebsd.org/src/release/texts/Attic/HARDWARE.TXT#rev1.98
[2] http://people.freebsd.org/~groudier/sym-2.1.13-20010916.tar.gz
[3] http://pciids.sourceforge.net/iii/?i=1000

--