problem running scsi_target

Chuck Tuffli chuck_tuffli at agilent.com
Wed Aug 13 18:12:27 PDT 2003

Aside from the 2 fixes you mention below (without which bad things
happen), most of this was confusion on my part. I expected that isp(4)
would act as both target and initiator on a loop such that

camcontrol rescan all

on the machine running the target would have turned up the FreeBSD
Disk. Once I attached an initiator on a different box, I got the
expected

# camcontrol devlist
<FreeBSD Emulated Disk 0.1>        at scbus2 target 0 lun 0 (da1,pass1)

I also didn't understand that "main loop beginning" meant that the
target was waiting for something. As soon as I did a rescan with the
other initiator, it was obvious scsi_target wasn't dead.

Thanks for the help Ken!

[snip]

--
Chuck Tuffli    <chuck_tuffli AT NO_SPAM agilent DOT com>
Agilent Technologies, Storage and Networking