Confusion

Kenneth D. Merry ken at kdm.org
Thu Aug 7 14:41:10 PDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 14:20:47 -0700, Jason Dictos wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> 	The ATAPI CAM interface states that ATAPI devices do not supported 6
> byte MODE SENSE and MODE SELECT cdb's, but I am reading a Seagate STT8000
> manual which clearly states that all it supports are 6-byte MODE SENSE and
> MODE SELECT cdb's.

This is a tape drive, right?  The sa(4) driver doesn't know anything about
6 byte versus 10 byte mode sense and mode select commands.

It'll send a 6 byte command by default.

Nate's recent changes only affect the da(4) and cd(4) drivers, not the
sa(4) driver.

Have you tried using this drive yet?

Ken
--