Possible update of the JRuby port?

Andrew Smith iamasmith.home at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 12:31:51 UTC 2015

I received a notification recently that JRuby’s jnr-ffi implementation finally had updates that would work with the libc.so script present in FreeBSD 10.x.

I can verify that using things like UNIX Domain Socket’s as DRb endpoints now works without performing ugly kludges i.e. creating symlinks of libc.so and using LD_LIBRARY_PATH to coax JRuby to find that ahead of the script.

I tested this today with OpenJDK 7 on FreeBSD 10.1 building the stock JRuby 1.7.21 tag.

Is anybody maintaining this port it’s quite a few revisions old now? If so but you are stuck for time I could have a go at adapting the port to bring it up to 1.7.21 although I think a lot of the distribution files have changed and it might take a little time to sort out.

-Andy