Can't build ruby20 on -current: it doesn't honor WITHOUT_CDDL=yes

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 30 10:17:45 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 01:11:33PM +0300, Andrey Chernov wrote:
> Hi.
> I disable zfs and dtrace on my machine using WITHOUT_CDDL=yes in
> /etc/src.conf
> ryby20 port throw this error:
> checking for valgrind/memcheck.h... no
> checking for strip... strip
> configure: error: dtrace(1) is missing
> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
>
> I see you have sophisticated check depending on OS version for
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-dtrace
> IMHO, it should be replaced to test dtrace binary presence instead.

To be previse the port should not care about WITHOUT_CDDL :) but it should
detect if the host has dtrace or note, probably a
.if exists(/usr/sbin/dtrace)
CONFIGURE_ARGS+= --enable-dtrace
.endif

Should do the trick (to be tested of course :)

regards,
Bapt