ruby docs ports, ruby-doc-*

Steve Wills swills at freebsd.org
Sat Jan 25 20:53:57 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 12:24:54AM +0200, clutton wrote:

> The rest.
>
> My proposal is that. Let remove all those 3 ports.
> Then ruby-doc-stdlib will move to misc. And perhaps ruby-doc-core will
> be created.

Finally got around to this, sorry it took a while. I marked them deprecated for
now, we have to wait a while before just removing them. Standard time is 1
month, so I've set the expiration date to 2/25/2014. I'll remove them on or
after that date. I've left the PR open until then as a reminder. I'll close it
when they're gone. If someone comes along and figures out a way to update them
maybe we can do that. I'm not sure there's much demand for local docs, most
everyone seems to use the online docs.

But, it might make sense to move ruby-doc-stdlib, but I'm not sure it's worth the
effort. A port for ruby-doc-core sounds nice. If you have any other changes,
keep the patches coming and I'll try to get to them eventually. :)

Thanks for the patches and for your patience,
Steve