What changed? (gem command missing in 1.9)

Stanislav Sedov stas at FreeBSD.org
Sat Nov 12 02:38:14 UTC 2011

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 21:32:30 -0500
Steve Wills <swills at FreeBSD.org> mentioned:

> On 11/11/11 21:18, Stanislav Sedov wrote:
> > Yes, we can actually do that.  We're discussing the possibility of making
> > lang/ruby19 to depend on ruby-gems and rake, thus having ruby19 installation
> > automatically install rake and gem as well.  But nobody did that yet.
> >
> > I agree tought that should have been done at the moment the gem binary
> > was dropped from ruby19, but I think we just forgot about this at the
> > end.
> >

> Does the attached simple patch (untested) cover it or is more needed?

I believe it might do.  I'm not sure though you can run depend on something
that build depends on you, so it needs testing.

--
Stanislav Sedov
ST4096-RIPE