Regarding pkgtools 2.4.7 makefiles and ruby18

Randy Zach zach at zach.com
Mon Nov 15 00:13:50 UTC 2010

I had difficulty with pkgtools 2.4.7 and ruby19.  I do configure my
system to use ruby19 as the default ruby interpreter.  Near the
declaration of realpath in pkgmisc.rb, the "extend DL::Importable"
declaration seemed to produce an uninitialized constant message.

I chose not to pursue this and attempted to use ruby18 for pkgtools.

In the makefiles the idiom

  $$_.sub(/^#!\s*\S*(\benv\s+)?\bruby/, "#!${RUBY}"); \

is used to substitute an alternate interpreter.

Shouldn't this be sub!, instead of sub ....

RZ