Actual Question!

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Jul 2 21:32:31 UTC 2008

On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 16:20:07 -0500, Philip M. Gollucci
<pgollucci at p6m7g8.com> wrote:

> Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>>> devel/rubygem-rgl/Makefile:RUN_DEPENDS=
>>> ${LOCALBASE}/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/specifications/stream-0.5.gemspec:${PORTSDIR}/devel/rubygem-stream
>>> vs
>>>
>>> www/rubygem-rubyfulsoup/Makefile:BUILD_DEPENDS=
>>> rubygem-htmltools>=1.10:${PORTSDIR}/textproc/rubygem-htmltools
>>>

>>> IMHO the second is better, because you can use >= or leave it out and
>>> not break higher level ports every-time you upgrade a lower one.
>>>
>>> I'm going to a file a PR to change the 9 ports shortly.
>>  Have you check rubygem's dependencies requirement before you care
>> about how much dependencies there are? Just make sure in case. ;-)
>
> Try that again, I don't quite get the question ?

Maybe I don't really understand what you are trying to show? Are you
chaning the dependencies? If yes, then what reason as I have pointed that
have you check the dependencies requirement to make sure the change is ok?

Cheers,
Mezz

FreeBSD GNOME Team