realtime-prozess

Randy Dawson rdawson12 at houston.rr.com
Sun Mar 20 10:47:47 PST 2005

Hi Tatiana,

I too am working the realtime issue.

My current project is video, gyroscopes and sonar for exploration in a well.  I am actually from the linux world, but thought I would see what is happening with BSD.

>From your email, I suppose you have a data acquisition card of some type that is VME or PCI

which is it?

can you describe your problem a little more, it may not be such a hard realtime requirement after all.

There are other ways I am sure you are aware to tell the kernel your process priority.  And if it is true hard realtime, why not dedicate a microcontroller to it?

Tell me more

Randy Dawson