conf/163508: [rc.subr] [patch] Add " enable" and " disable" commands to rc.subr

Devin Teske devin.teske at fisglobal.com
Thu Dec 27 18:40:01 UTC 2012

The following reply was made to PR conf/163508; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Devin Teske <devin.teske at fisglobal.com>
To: <bug-followup at FreeBSD.org>, <gelraen.ua at gmail.com>
Cc: Devin Teske <dteske at freebsd.org>
Subject: Re: conf/163508: [rc.subr] [patch] Add "enable" and "disable" commands to rc.subr
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 10:32:10 -0800

 In HEAD is usr.sbin/sysrc

 I'm not advocating the use of sysrc(8) to solve this problem, but instead, =
 that tool uses a common library of sh(1) routines that can be used to solve=
  this problem. Specifically,=85

 /usr/share/bsdconfig/sysrc.subr

 Is the complete module allowing any shell script (or subroutine collection,=
  such as /etc/rc.subr) to manage the rc.conf(5) collection of system config=
 uration files.

 Currently, this include file (sysrc.subr) only exists in HEAD and is not di=
 stributed to RELEASE yet. To install this script, first download HEAD and t=
 hen:

 cd usr.sbin/bsdconfig
 make all install

 --=20
 Devin

 The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidentia=
 l. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message an=
 d all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any ma=
 nner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware=
  that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and revie=
 w by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.