Annoying ERROR: 'wlan0' is not a DHCP-enabled interface

Eygene Ryabinkin rea at freebsd.org
Fri Nov 18 20:50:40 UTC 2011

Garrett, good day.

Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 12:42:27PM -0800, Garrett Cooper wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Xin LI <delphij at delphij.net> wrote:
> > Is there any counter reasoning about "having an interface marked as
> > non-DHCP is not an error"?  I'm still not convinced with the benefit
> > of having it show an error message.
>
> +1. I consider this to be debug noise.

Well, what about the silent output from 'cc -o test test.c' when
you have no file test.c or the compiler is absent?  It is the same
thing (as I see it) and in this case will you expect that the binary
'test' will be compiled and ready for use or not?  I will, but this
can be my personal delusion.
--
Eygene Ryabinkin                                        ,,,^..^,,,
[ Life's unfair - but root password helps!           | codelabs.ru ]