New knob for ignoring readonly fss in 340.noid and 310.locate?

Andre Albsmeier Andre.Albsmeier at siemens.com
Mon May 2 12:22:17 UTC 2011

On Mon, 02-May-2011 at 10:30:39 +0200, Jason Hellenthal wrote:

> Andre,

Hi Jason,

> Give this a shot.
>
> http://patches.jhell.googlecode.com/hg/340.noid.patch
>
> Apply with ( patch -p1 -E < /path/to/340.noid.patch )
>
> Then either copy the resulting script to where it needs to go and remove
> the old 340.noid or run one of mergemaster or etcupdate.
>
> This effectively pushes it to periodic/security/310.chknoid which makes
> a lot more sense than beeing in weekly as a non-security measure.
>
> Introduces:
> daily_status_security_chknoid_enable="YES"
> daily_status_security_chknoid_dirs=""
>
> By default it populates its directory list with zfs,ufs mountpoints and
> will not cross mountpoints as per '-x' options to find(1).

Yes, but this won't give me anything in my case. My UFS snapshots
will still be found by

mount -t ufs,zfs |awk '{print $3}'

as we can see here:

andre at server:~>mount -t ufs,zfs |awk '{print $3}'
/
/usr
/var
/scratch
/dump
/server
/pc
/people
/share
/tmp
/people/.snap/@GMT-2011.04.26-03.15.04
/people/.snap/@GMT-2011.04.27-03.15.04
/people/.snap/@GMT-2011.04.28-03.15.03
/people/.snap/@GMT-2011.04.29-03.15.03
/people/.snap/@GMT-2011.04.30-03.15.04
/people/.snap/@GMT-2011.04.23-03.15.01
/people/.snap/@GMT-2011.04.16-03.15.01
/share/.snap/@GMT-2011.04.26-03.28.32
/share/.snap/@GMT-2011.04.27-03.28.26
/share/.snap/@GMT-2011.04.28-03.28.42
/share/.snap/@GMT-2011.04.29-03.29.12
/share/.snap/@GMT-2011.04.30-03.26.48
/share/.snap/@GMT-2011.04.23-03.27.33
/share/.snap/@GMT-2011.04.16-03.27.39
/share/.snap/@GMT-2011.04.09-03.22.01

so I will again have to tweak daily_status_security_chknoid_dirs
manually for each machine. While I like your approach, using -x
and a list of ufs,zfs instead of the old way of doing it, it
doesn't help me ;-).

As for the idea of moving it to periodic/security: This might be
a good thing but could confuse other who expect this check to
be run once a week.

Thanks,

	-Andre

--
Note: No Micro$oft programs were used in the creation or distribution
      of this message. If you are using a Micro$oft program to view