New knob for ignoring readonly fss in 340.noid and 310.locate?

Andre Albsmeier Andre.Albsmeier at siemens.com
Mon May 2 05:27:44 UTC 2011

On Mon, 02-May-2011 at 04:59:42 +0200, Jason Hellenthal wrote:

> Andre,
>

> On Sun, May 01, 2011 at 10:19:30AM +0200, Andre Albsmeier wrote:
> >On Sat, 30-Apr-2011 at 23:31:57 +0200, Jason Hellenthal wrote:
> >>
> >> By default snapshots directories are hidden and treated as a virtual
> >
> >Is it possible to hide snapshots directories in UFS?
> >

> Snapshot directories on UFS are treated differently than they are in
> ZFS. UFS snapshot directories live as the base of the filesystem and are
> not auto-mounted perse when you cd(1) into them so therefore there isn't a
> need to hide them because they cannot be traversed.

They are mounted and they have to be mounted (at least here). If
they weren't mounted, people couldn't access them. That's why
they are also being traversed by 310.locate and 340.noid. To
summarise:

- I use UFS.
- My snapshots must be mounted.
- They are being traversed by 310.locate and 340.noid.
- I don't want the latter.

To accomplish this, I can play around with (directory name dependent)
exclusion lists for 310.locate and 340.noid. I could also implement
a rdonly knob.

	-Andre