conf/163508: [rc.subr] [patch] Add "enable" and "disable" commands to rc.subr

Maxim Ignatenko gelraen.ua at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 18:05:04 UTC 2011

On 24 December 2011 19:51, Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:

> On Dec 24, 2011, at 10:29 AM, Maxim Ignatenko wrote:
>
>>>  If the 5% of cases are when someone has done something complicated to the rc.conf file, then I don't care: they won't use this interface and we can detect this case and do nothing.
>>
>> Now I don't see how to distinguish cases when ${rcvar} set to default
>> value in rc-script and when it's set in other file in some not obvious
>> way.
>
> What does that matter?

In second case it should say something like "Unable to find where
${rcvar} was set". Now it adds ${rcvar}=YES to last included file in
both cases. This still should correctly enable or disable some service
unless /etc/rc.subr was modified to include some another file later,
but, as I understood, this is what was meant by "corner case
handling".