New knob for ignoring readonly fss in 340.noid and 310.locate?

Jason Hellenthal jhell at DataIX.net
Sat Apr 30 21:32:02 UTC 2011

Andre,

By default snapshots directories are hidden and treated as a virtual
directory. By enabling the snapshots directory as not hidden you subject
yourself to the following behavior.

As for a knob to tune the search for the rc.d scripts you mentioned the
knob is already provided via zfs(1) zpool(1) through the properties.

zfs set snapdir=hidden | visible tank/dataset
zpool set listsnaps=on | off tank

Please use these at your will to tune the system to ignore the
directories in question.

PS: Leaving snap directories hidden does not mean that they are not
available for regular use. ( cd /path/to/.snap/... ) still works as
expected.

--

 Regards, (jhell)
 Jason Hellenthal