How to read ifconfig in FreeBSD..Help plss

subba subba at t8design.com
Tue Nov 14 19:36:17 UTC 2006

Thanks Brooks,

I am not sure about 'to read the source and copy the parts into your
application'. Can you please elaborate?. When you said reading the source,
does it mean that pipe the 'ifconfig' to a file and read that file ... like
 % ifconfig > somefile.txt
and read somefile.txt and get the ip, netmask and others.?
If this is the case, how can i pipe(C program) when the user logs in...i.e
when the user logs in, console menu should be displayed with current
IP,netmask etc. I am not sure if i am in the right direction. I'd appreciate
your help.

Thanks,
Subba