Generalising ${required_*}

Yar Tikhiy yar at comp.chem.msu.su
Sat Jul 22 11:15:01 UTC 2006

Hi all,

As of now, the ${required_*} variables work only in rc.d scripts
using the default start method.  I've found that making ${required_*}
work in scripts that override the default start method can help us
to reduce code duplication in /etc/rc.d.  In particular, I'd like
to introduce ${required_modules} because quite a few scripts have
to have a prestart method just to load a kernel module.

Do you think such change would make sense?  Thanks.

Its prototype can be found in my P4 tree:
//depot/user/yar/hack/etc/...
(also available via www at http://perforce.freebsd.org)

--
Yar