loopback mounts

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Tue Jul 11 07:29:11 UTC 2006

It is currently not possible to list loopback NFS mounts in /etc/fstab
without noauto, because mountcritremote runs before mountd has
started; mountd depends on nfsserver, rpcbind and quota, which all
depend on mountcritremote (presumably because nfsd, rpcbind and
quotaon all reside in /usr/sbin, which might be on a remote file
system)

The file systems which I mount over loopback NFS are not critical, and
can safely be mounted later in the boot process, but we don't have a
"mountnoncrit" script, or any way to indicate in fstab that a file
system is non-critical.

Any suggestions?

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no