etc/rc.d/jail patch for review...

Sean Chittenden sean at gigavenue.com
Tue Jul 4 22:43:20 UTC 2006

Howdy.  Any objections to being able the attached patch, which allows
one to set the netmask for jail IPs.  My motivation for this was to
use vlan interfaces with only one jail attached to a subnet (and only
one IP/alias on the subnet as well).

http://people.freebsd.org/~seanc/patches/#jail_netmask

cloned_interfaces="vlan598"
ifconfig_bge0="media 100baseTX mediaopt full-duplex up"
ifconfig_vlan598="vlan 598 vlandev bge0 up"
jail_foo_rootdir="/jails/foo.example.com"
jail_foo_hostname="foo.example.com"
jail_foo_ip="10.42.42.254"
jail_foo_netmask="255.255.255.0"
jail_foo_interface="vlan598"
jail_foo_devfs_enable="YES"
jail_foo_mount_enable="YES"

Can someone with the respective jail foo give me a blessing on the
following patch?  I was thinking about a 1 week MFC as well.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden
seanc at FreeBSD.org