conf/90863: [patch] 6.0 boot: name resolution broken for daemon startup

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Tue Dec 27 14:30:19 PST 2005

The following reply was made to PR conf/90863; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: JoaoBR <joao at matik.com.br>
To: bug-followup at freebsd.org, wollman at xyz.csail.mit.edu
Subject: Re: conf/90863: [patch] 6.0 boot: name resolution broken for daemon startup
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 20:29:05 -0200

 I think that named is not starting first and so I guess the rc start order =
 is=20
 wrong and not that named do not answer queries,=20

 I reported similar here:
 http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D86668

 also I believe that this touches the same problem that the timeout is too=20
 long, see this PR:

 http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3Dbin/62139
 (even if this is apearently to ssh related the problem is the sshd dns reso=
 lve=20
 timeout which is too long)

 In my opinion the rc order needs to be corrected and the resolv timeout nee=
 ds=20
 to be shorter and a proper error messages on startup would help to understa=
 nd=20
 the problem because hanging on

  starting sendmail .

 makes believe the problem is in sendmail configuration

 Jo=E3o