Adding /usr/local/etc/rc.d to the base rcorder

Brooks Davis brooks at one-eyed-alien.net
Thu Dec 1 00:35:26 GMT 2005

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 03:13:37AM -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
> My patch to implement all this is at
> http://people.freebsd.org/~dougb/local-rcorder.diff. Comments are welcome.

This looks pretty good to me.  Thanks for working on this.  A few
comments:

- I have this vague feeling that we should replace most dependencies on
  mountcritremote with a new pseudo target like FILESYSTEMS or MOUNTS.
  This isn't important. :)
- Is the exclusion of *.sample sufficient?  We obviously don't want to
  be too broad, but I'd be inclined to include .bak, .orig, and maybe
  .sav for now.
- I'm worried about including .sh scripts in the new list during the
  transition period.  It seems likely that is going to cause significant
  pain.
- When do we want to start complaining about old scripts?  One idea is
  to first ban them in ports and have Kris add a check for them on the
  ports cluster followed by enabling a warning in the startup scripts.
  Other policies are possible.

-- Brooks