RFC: Alternate patch to have true new-style rc.d scripts inports (without touching localpkg)

Oliver Eikemeier eikemeier at fillmore-labs.com
Sat Jul 31 05:31:56 PDT 2004

Garance A Drosihn wrote:

> At 10:12 AM +0100 7/31/04, Rob MacGregor wrote:

No, that is probably the best solution. But a) some ports install their
scripts as <service>.sh.sample, so that they are not enabled by default,
and some users obviously did just rename the scripts. It will be not
easy, and error-prone to hunt all those instances down. Of course it's
doable, and would be somewhat `cleaner', but I believe it's better when
we keep the previously documented behaviour as far as possible.

-Oliver