devcpu-data

LuMiWa lumiwa at dismail.de
Mon Sep 6 09:35:07 UTC 2021

Hi!

I hava the AMD processor and I am a little confused about setting
microcode. I the instructions stay:
"To enable updates using the first method, add the following lines to
the system's /boot/loader.conf:

cpu_microcode_load="YES"
cpu_microcode_name="/boot/firmware/intel-ucode.bin"

This method will not load the microcode update until the system is
rebooted.

To enable updates using the second method, add the following line to
the system's /etc/rc.conf:

microcode_update_enable="YES"

Then, to ensure the update is applied, reboot the system or start the
microcode update service via:

# service microcode_update start"

How is for AMD processor. Is it the same because devcpu-data instal for
amd in

share/cpucontrol/microcode_amd.bin
share/cpucontrol/microcode_amd_fam15h.bin
share/cpucontrol/microcode_amd_fam16h.bin
share/cpucontrol/microcode_amd_fam17h.bin
/boot/firmware/intel-ucode.bin

Thank you.

--
"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing
himself.”

Leo Tolstoy