freebsd-update fetch install - runs the update, but still report old release

Håvard Sørli havard at sorli.no
Sun Sep 5 18:37:18 UTC 2021

I run updates ( freebsd-update fetch install ) and looks like it's fine.
(reports sucessfull update to new release). I reboot and uname report
the old version. Any clue?  ( I think it should report "11.4-RELEASE-p13" )

before reboot :

freebsd at xyz:~ % freebsd-version -k ; uname -r
11.4-RELEASE-p9
11.4-RELEASE-p9

After reboot :

freebsd at xyz:~ % sudo freebsd-update fetch install
src component not installed, skipped
Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 2 mirrors found.
Fetching metadata signature for 11.4-RELEASE from update2.freebsd.org...
done.
Fetching metadata index... done.
Inspecting system... done.
Preparing to download files... done.

No updates needed to update system to 11.4-RELEASE-p13.
No updates are available to install.

freebsd at xyz:~ % freebsd-version -k ; uname -r
11.4-RELEASE-p9
11.4-RELEASE-p9

freebsd at xyz:~ % sysctl kern.securelevel
kern.securelevel: -1

freebsd at ns2:~ % sudo freebsd-update fetch