SSL Error with "make fetchindex"

Jerry Seibert jerry at seibercom.net
Sun Oct 3 18:58:30 UTC 2021

FreeBSD 11.4-RELEASE-p9

I have been using 'git' and 'make fetchindex' for several months
without any problems. Suddenly today, running 'make index' throws this
error message:

/usr/bin/env  fetch -am -o /usr/ports/INDEX-11.bz2 https://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/INDEX-11.bz2
Certificate verification failed for /O=Digital Signature Trust Co./CN=DST Root CA X3
34374359624:error:14090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed:/usr/src/crypto/openssl/ssl/s3_clnt.c:1269:
fetch: https://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/INDEX-11.bz2: Authentication error
Certificate verification failed for /O=Digital Signature Trust Co./CN=DST Root CA X3

[truncated by me]

Since I have not made any changes to my system, I can only assume it it
on FreeBSD's side.

Does anyone have a solution?

--
Jerry