FreeBSD ports/distfiles archives

RW rwmaillists at googlemail.com
Mon May 31 15:20:46 UTC 2021

On Mon, 31 May 2021 08:41:52 -0400 (EDT)
Thomas Dickey wrote:

> [...]

Sometimes there's a subdirectory. From ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk:

  MASTER_SITE_BACKUP?=    \
        http://distcache.FreeBSD.org/ports-distfiles/${DIST_SUBDIR}/

The port should go there automatically as a last resort. If you've
already tried to build the port then most likely the file isn't there.

You can make a port try there first by passing

  -DMASTER_SITE_FREEBSD

to make. I wouldn't make it the default as it can prevent the port
picking-up a new version of a rerolled file.