mariadb server now requires bash?

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Wed Mar 31 20:34:18 UTC 2021

On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 20:31:36 -0500
Valeri Galtsev <galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu> wrote:

> There is even worse thing about both mariadb and mysql: both of them in
> the latest version at least use JSON (Java Script Object Notation,
> really ?!!) somewhere in their tables.

	Not in the least surprised, JSON is a very popular serialisation
format and as such has been turning up in database field values for some
time now. I know of a number of codebases where a sql query can be
followed by expanding JSON encoded fields in each resultant row and checking
the contents as a secondary filter. It makes a lot of sense to move that
into the database engine.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org>