an easter calculating script that uses dc, output does not stop

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 20:30:00 UTC 2021

Dear kind FreeBSD users,

I found a script which I will attach inline.  It uses dc *to do the
math*, but the output runs indefinitely on FreeBSD machines.

From
https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/435983-Easter-program

<----- script follows ----->

#!/bin/sh
if test $# -lt 1
then
        echo usage: $0 year
        exit 1
fi
echo $* '[ddsf[lfp[too early
]Pq]s at 1583>@
ddd19%1+sg100/1+d3*4/12-sx8*5+25/5-sz5*4/lx-10-sdlg11*20+lz+lx-30%
d[30+]s at 0>@d[[1+]s at lg11<@]s at 25=@d[1+]s at 24=@se44le-d[30+]s at 21>@dld+7%-7+
[March ]smd[31-[April ]sm]s at 31<@psnlmPpsn1z>p]splpx' | dc | tr '\012' ' '
echo ''

<----- end of script ------>

I ran the script successfully during prior versions of FreeBSD, but it
is now running infinitely( infinite loop).  See run:

to run we put
$ sh easterdc.sh
and the year
olivares at deepcool:~/Downloads/kerTeX/Documents $ sh easterdc.sh
usage: easterdc.sh year
olivares at deepcool:~/Downloads/kerTeX/Documents $ sh easterdc.sh 2021
4 April April  4 April April  4 April April  4 April April  4 April
April  4 April April  4 April April  4 April April  4 April April  4
April April  4 April April  4 April April  4 April April  4 April
April  4 April April  4 April April  ^C

How can I fix this to just output 4 April and stop.  Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Antonio