PCIe sound card for FreeBSD 12.2 RELEASE amd64

Doug McIntyre merlyn at geeks.org
Tue Mar 30 04:16:09 UTC 2021

I can't specificly help you, but I recognize one thing in there that
you'll have to look out for as well.

By low-profile mounting bracket, it sounds like you are looking for
a card that can go into a server as well.
Years back, almost all PCIe sound cards I could find were 5V only cards.
Almost all servers are 3.3V only PCIe buses.

Are you sure you can't use a USB connected sound box?

That is what I ended up with in the past. It was either that, or to
use a desktop box.