usb cdrom disappeared / g_access(961): provider cd0 has error 6 set

Tomasz CEDRO tomek at cedro.info
Wed Mar 24 16:22:17 UTC 2021

Hello world :-)

I need to burn some DVD using external USB burner. I got into some
problem with bad disk and now the drive is not visible/available.

ugen0.13: <Hitachi-LG Data Storage Inc Portable Super Multi Drive> at
usbus0 (disconnected)
umass0: at uhub1, port 1, addr 16 (disconnected)
cd0 at umass-sim0 bus 0 scbus2 target 0 lun 0
cd0: <HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GP57EB40 PF00>  detached
g_access(961): provider cd0 has error 6 set
g_access(961): provider cd0 has error 6 set
g_access(961): provider cd0 has error 6 set

How can I regain access to device without rebooting?

Any hints welcome :-)
Tomek