OS to replace FreeBSD

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sun Mar 21 18:13:46 UTC 2021

On Sun, 21 Mar 2021 11:28:38 -0500, Valeri Galtsev stated:
>Ralf, your wisdom may tell me why when posting on this thread (except
>the one when I mentioned ‘boot_mute=“YES” ‘ ) I felt like I am feeding
>troll(s). I bet I’m not the only one tired of this thread ;-( But
>thanks for bringing some sanity to insane exchange.

First, I cannot get the OS installed. Even if I could, you suggest,
while probably good in the short haul, is not a good or viable
solution. It is akin to turning off the warning bell on a fire
alarm. The problem still exists and sooner or later it will blow up
in your face. It is false security. I would do it, assuming I could get
the system to install and otherwise work correctly, if I knew it was
only gong to be a short term solution.

I am in the process of getting some coders who actually know what they
are doing to look into the matter.

--
Jerry