OS to replace FreeBSD

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Sun Mar 21 17:29:33 UTC 2021

> On 21 Mar 2021, at 11:17, Ralf Mardorf <ralf-mardorf at riseup.net> wrote:
>
> On Sun, 21 Mar 2021 10:48:59 -0600, @lbutlr wrote:
>> I am almost 100% positive this machine does not have BIOS at all;
>> modern Intel machines do not
>
> To me "BIOS" nowadays is a word for what ever thingy shows up after
> pushing the Del key or what ever key else, after turning on the
> computer, to get into the thingy.

That's fine if you are only talking to people who share your same idea, but UEFI is not BIOS in very important ways, so calling it BIOS will lead to confusion, and it can make trouble-shooting far more difficult if you are trying to tell someone what to do in BIOS which may simply not be possible in UEFI, or vice versa.

--
I think we need to send some time apart so we know what's real and what's fox.