acme.sh issue, cert date invalid, but no errors from letsencrypt

Chris Gordon chris at theory14.net
Sun Mar 7 19:48:21 UTC 2021

> On Mar 7, 2021, at 11:48 AM, David Mehler <dave.mehler at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I did repeatedly restart the web server.
>
> I've also looked at the file creation date they're the new certs
> issued yesterday, but checking them with openssl shows as I said the
> not after november 2020 date.
>
> Suggestions welcome.
> Thanks.
> Dave.

I just moved from certbot to acme.sh, but a couple of thoughts:

- Did you run --install-cert after the first issue?  I didn't find it as obviously documented as maybe I had hoped, but this (AFIAK) sets up everything so that the --cron option will put the renewed certs in the right place and reload/restart things to catch the new certs (--reloadcmd).
- I just ran acme.sh --cron --force and I did get an updated cert with an updated "Not Before" date.
- What is in /var/log/acme.sh.log?  Have you increased the debug level?

Chris