Images for FreeBSD 13

Kurt Hackenberg kh at panix.com
Mon Mar 8 01:00:20 UTC 2021

On 2021/03/07 18:51, Steven Friedrich wrote:

> It appears FreeBSD-13.0-RC1-amd64-dvd1.iso
> <https://download.freebsd.org/ftp/releases/ISO-IMAGES/13.0/FreeBSD-13.0-RC1-amd64-dvd1.iso>
> is too large to burn to disc.

Yes, that does look slightly larger than a DVD, even though it shouldn't
be. I guess you could write it to a Blu-Ray disc, or use disc1.iso
instead, written to a DVD, or write a memstick image to a memory stick.

Disc1.iso is supposed to fit on a CD, but it's much too big. I think
Polytropon has told us that it's been too big for years. It doesn't
include binary packages, so you'd have to install those across the
network later.