zfs out of space

Tomasz CEDRO tomek at cedro.info
Wed Mar 3 15:01:54 UTC 2021

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 4:28 AM David Christensen
<dpchrist at holgerdanske.com> wrote:
> I would try discarding the checkpoint:
> # zpool checkpoint --discard pool

Thank you David! That helped :-)

In addition to that I have created sub volumes to obtain more granular
control over snapshots, that required moving old directories into new
mount point locations, and mv did not delete all moved files thus
space exhaustion. I can now run snapshots in cron everytday for
critical data, every week for less important data, and once per month
for general use data :-)

Is there any way to create a zfs volume from an existing directory?
Not to move all the files? :-)

Thank you! :-)
Tomek