cdcontrol won’t play

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Thu Jun 17 15:16:59 UTC 2021

On Thu, 17 Jun 2021 13:45:51 +0000
Daniel Cervus <DanieltheDeer at outlook.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I put a CD in the driver, then I typed “cdcontrol play”. But it gave

	Hmm I wonder if that works at all these days. What it used to do
last time I used it (some decades ago) was start the CD playing with the
audio going out via a connector on the drive itself. Common practice was to
connect this to an input on the sound card which usually showed up as 'CD'
in mixer so to hear anything you had turn up the CD input with mixer.

> “(cd0:ahcich1:0:0:0): MODE_SENSE(6) failed, increasing minimum CDB size
> to 10 bytes” And nothing played. Trying again resulted nothing. The
> volumes are both 255. Audio status is 21<void>. What’s wrong?

	It is very possible that the drive is not wired to play audio CDs.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org>