Search for info on EFI bootloader GELI and bootloader config file

Nyakov Nyakovski nyakov13 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 01:07:44 UTC 2021

Hi.
Current bootloader implements loading from GELI encrypted root partition.
Bootloader asks passphrase for encrypted partition and tries to decrypt it.

I want to know if there is a way to tell bootloader to use keyfile for decryption instead of asking passphrase.

The I will be able to organize fully encrypted system with bootloader and key file on flash drive.

I failing to find any documentation ( except one blogpost) about GELI support for bootloader.

If someone posses any inside on the matter please share it :)

--
Kira <Nyakov13 at gmail.com>