Does openmp still require gcc?

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 22:27:19 UTC 2021

I was surprised that a port (ImageMagick7) ws compiling with gcc. Looking
at ports/Mk/Uses/compiler.mk and discovered:
.if ${_COMPILER_ARGS:Mopenmp}
.if ${COMPILER_TYPE} == clang
USE_GCC=        yes
CHOSEN_COMPILER_TYPE=   gcc
.endif
.endif

I thought that clang support for openmp has been around for quite a while.
Is this a FreeBSD-11 issue or is it historical and obsolete? Or am I just
confused? I used to trip over openmp conflicts all the time, but I thought
(hoped?) that they were a thing of the past.
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com