Symbolic link to external server

Tomasz CEDRO tomek at cedro.info
Fri Jul 30 12:38:23 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 2:32 PM Jos Chrispijn wrote:
> I have a NAS that I access with wind* network clients by calling
> \\10.10.10.55\myfiles (1)
> My BSD server 10.10.10.5 has a directory /mydocs (2)
> Is it possible to create a symbolic link in (2) to directory (1)?
> I tried, but got stuck as I do realize that a user validation should be
> done prior to be able to use the symlink.

I did setup of Synology once and there was dedicated option to put
symlinks to other network shares. You had to enable that by hand, so
probably possible with additional option for SMBD. I don't know the
details sorry. Alternatively you could just mount (1) and (2) next to
each other..?

Maybe this will be useful:
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/5120/how-do-you-make-samba-follow-symlink-outside-the-shared-path