Claws Mail (was: What the hell starts pulseaudio?!)

Ralf Mardorf ralf-mardorf at riseup.net
Tue Jul 20 17:14:15 UTC 2021

On Tue, 20 Jul 2021 12:33:01 -0300, Mario Lobo wrote:
>First, let me thank you for the explanation, Ralf,but I still don't get
>what I have to do to get claws to work on gmail.
>
>What I see is that although the password is saved, it still asks me
>for the password, and even though I put in the correct one, it fails
>the login attempt.

Hi,

what password are you using? Did you generate an app password?

I'm not using Google Accounts myself, but the procedure is obviously
the same as for Yahoo, where I'm using app passwords for Evolution and
Claws successfully.

"Create & use App Passwords

If you use 2-Step-Verification and get a "password incorrect" error
when you sign in, you can try to use an App Password.

    Go to your Google Account.
    Select Security.
    Under "Signing in to Google," select App Passwords. You may need to
    sign in. If you don’t have this option, it might be because: 2-Step
    Verification is not set up for your account. 2-Step Verification is
    only set up for security keys. Your account is through work,
    school, or other organization. You turned on Advanced Protection.
    At the bottom, choose Select app and choose the app you using and
    then Select device and choose the device you’re using and then
    Generate. Follow the instructions to enter the App Password. The
    App Password is the 16-character code in the yellow bar on your
    device. Tap Done." -
    https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en

Regards,
Ralf