Claws Mail (was: What the hell starts pulseaudio?!)

Ralf Mardorf ralf-mardorf at riseup.net
Sun Jul 18 11:44:24 UTC 2021

Hi,

I changed subject and _thread_.

On Sat, 17 Jul 2021 11:43:46 -0300, Mario Lobo wrote:
>I just compiled and installed claws-mail 4.0.0 and it still gmail
>gives me trouble:

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 08:19:44 -0000
From: Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk>
To: users at lists.claws-mail.org
Subject: Re: [Users] Using Google Client ID with claws

On Sat, 17 Jul 2021 17:57:27 -0700
"lists at lazygranch.com" <lists at lazygranch.com> wrote:

> I would like to learn CLIENT ID in general. I have seen it mentioned
> on the Dovecot list. I run my own email server so the claws automatic
> feature isn't what I really want. My goal was to just get any client
> ID running and then observe the operation. Thunderbird supposedly is
> CLIENT ID ready. I haven't run Tbird in years but will give it a shot
> just for Gmail.

I'm not understanding what this "CLIENT ID" is that you are talking
about, if it is not OAuth2. But OAuth2 is not automatic in claws-mail,
and it is not (currently?) necessary for connecting to gmail servers.

with regards

Paul

https://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2021-July/028381.html

Begin forwarded message:

On Sun, 18 Jul 2021 08:19:44 -0000, Paul wrote:
>On Sat, 17 Jul 2021 17:57:27 -0700
>"lists at lazygranch.com" <lists at lazygranch.com> wrote:
>
>> I would like to learn CLIENT ID in general. I have seen it mentioned
>> on the Dovecot list. I run my own email server so the claws automatic
>> feature isn't what I really want. My goal was to just get any client
>> ID running and then observe the operation. Thunderbird supposedly is
>> CLIENT ID ready. I haven't run Tbird in years but will give it a shot
>> just for Gmail.
>
>I'm not understanding what this "CLIENT ID" is that you are talking
>about, if it is not OAuth2. But OAuth2 is not automatic in claws-mail,
>and it is not (currently?) necessary for connecting to gmail servers.

Hi,

for the Yahoo and Rocketmail POP accounts I'm using, I generated
passwords, one for Evolution and another for Claws by the Yahoo
Webinterface security settings, not by Evolution and Claws. Actually
Rocketmail is Yahoo, too. It is required for the enforced two-factor
authentication by Yahoo. For Evolution and Claws those passwords
replaced the old POP and SMTP passwords of the usual POP and SMTP
settings.

For the Yahoo account I'm using for the Claws mailing list, Evolution's
POP authentication is set to "Password" and the SMPT authentication is
set to "Login", while for Claws the automatic options are used. Taking
a look at one of my Rocketmail (Yahoo, too) POP accounts, "LOGIN"
instead of the automation is used by Claws, too. It doesn't matter if
automation is used or not.

Regards,
Ralf

Begin forwarded message: