What the hell starts pulseaudio?!

Mario Lobo lobo at bsd.com.br
Sat Jul 17 14:44:00 UTC 2021

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 6:55 PM RW via freebsd-questions <
freebsd-questions at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 22:45:47 +0200
> Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2021-07-15 at 22:30 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > > On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 21:16:28 +0100, RW via freebsd-questions wrote:
> > >

> > On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 22:13:47 -0400, edwardp at gmx.com stated:
> > >

> https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/google-to-force-oauth-in-g-suite-to-increase-security/
> > >
> > > If this information is correct, it applies to G Suite accounts.
> > >
> > > It doesn't specifically mention individual Gmail accounts.
> >

> > Lets be honest here. It is no longer a question of "if" but rather
> > "when" will Google & Microsoft and then all of the other carriers
> > follow suit and limit access to their products only by apps employing
> > OAuth2 access.
>
> I'm not sure about gmail. When you enable 2FA it disables the use of
> the main password from mail clients, but you can still get an
> autogenerated random "app password" to use instead.
>
> App passwords can't be used for anything else but accessing mail
> servers and they can be made arbitrarily long. oauth2 looks to be only
> marginally more secure since its secret can be read by a cracker
> or malware just as easily as an app password can. Oauth2 protects
> against the case where an attacker has intercepted the connection and
> got around TLS, which seems the lesser case to me.
>
> I don't see any good reason for gmail to ban app passwords.

I just compiled and installed claws-mail 4.0.0 and it still gmail gives me
trouble:

[2021-07-17 11:38:50] IMAP> Logging mario.lobo.neto at gmail.com to
imap.gmail.com using XOAUTH2
[2021-07-17 11:38:51] IMAP< Invalid credentials (Failure)
** IMAP error on imap.gmail.com: LOGIN error
[2021-07-17 11:38:51] IMAP< Error logging in to imap.gmail.com
*** Couldn't login to IMAP server imap.gmail.com.

My credentials ARE correct.
--
Mario Lobo
http://www.mallavoodoo.com.br