What the hell starts pulseaudio?!

Ralf Mardorf ralf-mardorf at riseup.net
Thu Jul 15 16:24:49 UTC 2021

On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 10:36:13 -0500, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
>Thanks for mentioning that. I did start using claws-mail, but after
>some short time of using it I switched back to thunderbird, just
>forgot what was the reason. I will need to revisit claws mail, I
>figure.

Advantage: GTK3 branch was official released a few days ago, I'm
already using it for more than 6 month (on Linux). Not that I'm in
favour of GTK3, it's just that GTK2 is discontinued.

Disadvantage and most likely the reason for you to drop Claws: It's
_not_ multi-threaded and incredible slow. While you wait that something
incredible slow does finish, you can't do something else.