What the hell starts pulseaudio?!

Roderick hruodr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 10:56:12 UTC 2021

On Thu, 15 Jul 2021, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:

> 	Sylpheed works fine - it has failed to annoy me for many many years
> now.

Not lightweight enough: it needs X11. In spite of it, I tried some of
these GUI mail clients. All (?) of them download all mails even if one use
imap. That is in my opinion not the purpose of imap.

If there should be a light weight mail client with gui, at best
together with the lightweight browser: unfortunately we are being invaded
with html mail. And with that also nntp (common code).

Mutt is very cryptic, and if you want to read the body of the email,
it downloads the attachements. Also not the purpose of imap.

Alpine is by far not 100% my taste, but the best I know.

Rod.