Problems caused by automatic suspend

Robert Kopp iconoklastic at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 02:01:31 UTC 2021

I have 13-STABLE installed on a system with rather typical parts, including an Asus X299 Mark 2 mobo and GTX970 GPU ( and GNOME 3). After a few minutes of inactivity it goes into suspend, but will not resume. I don't really need the suspend feature, which may not be compatible with the hardware, but if it doesn't work I'd like to disable suspend. I tried disabling gdm (service gdm disable) but this only seems to delay its occurrence.
Suspend works properly with Windows and Linux on the same hardware. Anyhow, I would like to continue using GNOME but disable suspend, and would appreciate any advice.

Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/